Saturday, February 2, 2013

It is a Sad Song

I wanted to find some sheet music for Beethoven Fur Elise. Ludwig van Beethoven is one of my favorite classical composers and this was one his most popular compositions. I had heard it many, many times but I had never attempted to play it myself. I have always found the music to be sad because one theory is that it was written for one of his students who turned down his marriage proposal. To make such beautiful music for someone after a rejection is a story in itself. I was able to find the sheet music online and have been studying it for several days now. I have it mostly down, but I know I will need a bit more practice. I can say that I am definitely enjoying it! I look forward to being able to play it without any effort, and I have a feeling that time is coming really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment